My family can trace our roots in North Kildonan back to the turn of the 20th Century when my great-Papa immigrated to Canada from Scotland and owed a family farm on Devon Ave. Today my family still calls North Kildonan home, having lived myself in the community since I was a kid for nearly 25 years! Even though I was born in North Vancouver, British Columbia, my family calls North Kildonan, Winnipeg, and Manitoba home. We were like many Manitoba families. We left for new opportunities living all over Alberta and British Columbia but, after 10 years of hard work, we returned home.
I have been working in the Insurance industry for several years as an Insurance Manager, specializing in the Commercial Trucking World. Having seen first-hand, the importance of insurance, safety, protecting assets, and security, I want to translate these skills in being your councilor. I have a secure plan that puts our public services first, and provides our citizens with the security of being in safe, competent hands.
I have shown leadership aspirations since I was child, first in elementary school at Springfield Heights being appointed the Captain of the Street Patrols, to Student Council in High School at River East Collegiate. Even in 2007 my brother and I led a social media campaign to get Winnipeg placed on the new version of "Monopoly Here and Now: World Edition" which garnered Canadian headlines and saw tens of thousands of people voting for Winnipeg!
Volunteerism has played a big role in my life, volunteering at various organizations over the years at Concordia Hospital, Craig Street Cats, Canada Blood Services, Breast Cancer Research, Diabetes walks, ‘The Uniter’ Volunteer Journalism, and countless other organizations.
This is my third time running for City Councilor of North Kildonan and I have ran in Provincial Elections in 2016 and 2019 in the St.Paul Constituency and Portage La Prairie. I attended the University of Winnipeg studying Political Science, Economics, Environmental Science, and City Planning.
If you have any questions or concerns, or you would like a sign, volunteer or make a donation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My platform wants to put our public services first! I want to ensure the services we all pay for are able to have the resources and funding to be managed and delivered effectively in the hands of the public and our governance. I want to reduce our reliance on privatization and consulting firms which cost taxpayers millions in consulting fees, while not improving our services. This may force us to increase property taxes above the 2.33% per year then we are currently doing but I feel that Winnipeggers have voiced very strongly that many of our services are not able to perform their duties or they’re inaccessible to many of us.
These are initiatives I support and want to see implemented. I hope to achieve these goals, I will use my time on council to battle for these causes, and I hope to achieve allies in these causes to be fully implemented.
- Ending Privatization of Essential Services.
- Restore cuts to Wading Pools and Community Pools.
- Restore and expand operating hours of our libraries.
- Make Transit Free for anyone under 18 and over 65 and make fares $1.00 for Adults 18 to 64.
- Implementation of Winnipeg Master Transit Plan including Rapid Transit, supporting both BRT and LRT.
- Improving our snow clearing and enforcement of snow parking bans to ensure crews can do their jobs effectively.
- Support opening a safe injection site to combat the opioid crisis and reduce risks on our streets.
- Support initiatives with non-profit sector to spur social and affordable housing development.
- Continue record investment in Regional Road Repair.
- Increase funding for Active Transportation budget to reduce reliance on car use.
- Amend City by-laws to encourage infill re-development.
- Restore cuts to street cleaning, public garbage and recycling bin pick-up.
- Improve Parks and Community Centre maintenance budgets.
- Cap Property Tax increases to 5% or lower per year.
- Negotiate with Province to amend Winnipeg Charter to allow greater powers for Winnipeg’s revenue controls.
- Work with Police Board and Public Safety to invest in crime prevention initiatives to ensure financial stability.
- Transition Winnipeg Transit to 100% Fully Electric Buses.
- Ensure proper resources are given to 311 to achieve quick answering calls and effective resolution timelines.
- Implement City-wide compost pick-up.
- Work with Recycling sector to avoid dumping into Landfills and offshore.
Copyright © 2022 Vote Andrew Podolecki for North Kildonan - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder